Thanksgiving has passed, and with it, the whirl of prepping for dinner with family and friends and the annual Black Friday shop-til-you-drop tradition. Actually, I have a confession...I never even left the house on Black Friday. I've done quite a bit of shopping online, and the rest, well, it can wait. I had no desire to join with the masses at the mall.I savored the peace and calm that follows Thanksgiving gatherings. This is a wonderful time of year to contemplate memories of holidays past and all those things we're thankful for. Here are a few of the reasons I'm thankful this year:
1. I'm happily married to a wonderful man who's my best friend.
2. I enjoy many friendships with people of diverse talents and interests.
3. My sons are happy and healthy.
4. My critique partners are the best.
5. My books have reached many new readers this year...I've made many new friends as a result.
6. My imagination is never at a loss for new characters and schemes.
7. Thanks to the US military and allied servicemembers around the world, I can sleep securely at night.
8. I'm blessed with a sweet young cat I adopted from the local shelter. I can't imagine a more affectionate pet.
9. I have a well-stocked e-reader with tons of books to be read...what more could a woman ask for?
10. The new Sherlock Holmes movie is due out in three weeks...my wait is almost over!
I'll be giving out a free copy of Claimed by the Spymaster to one commenter. So please share your thoughts. Winner will be announced on Monday, November 28.